Indiana University
University Information Technology Services
What are archived documents?

Login is for authorized groups (e.g., UITS, OVPIT, and TCC) that need access to specialized Knowledge Base documents. Otherwise, simply use the Knowledge Base without logging in.


At IU, what is CAS?

At Indiana University, Central Authentication Service (CAS) is a login service that allows you to access multiple password-protected web systems after logging in once on a central authentication server. This is often referred to as single sign-on; see What are single sign-on and federated authentication?

CAS currently supports several IU web applications, including Oncourse, One, OTP authentication, TimeKeeping, PeopleSoft, HRMS (payroll), and the employee Paid Time Off (PTO) system. In the future, other IU systems will use CAS as well.

You will be automatically redirected to the CAS login screen when you access one of the supported systems, unless you have already authenticated to CAS during your session. You can also reach the CAS login screen directly at:

CAS currently supports three types of authentication: Active Directory, OTP (One Time Password), and Guest. CAS clients can be deployed on a combination of platforms including Windows, Linux, and both Apache and IIS. CAS supports a variety of tools and languages including Java, Active Server Pages, and Perl.

While CAS authentication will only return a username, you can use that username to query ADS and retrieve more information. See At IU, how can I query ADS using LDAP?

This is document akui in domain all.
Last modified on January 28, 2014.

I need help with a computing problem

  • Fill out this form to submit your issue to the UITS Support Center.
  • Please note that you must be affiliated with Indiana University to receive support.
  • All fields are required.

Please provide your IU email address. If you currently have a problem receiving email at your IU account, enter an alternate email address.

I have a comment for the Knowledge Base

  • Fill out this form to submit your comment to the IU Knowledge Base.
  • If you are affiliated with Indiana University and need help with a computing problem, please use the I need help with a computing problem section above, or contact your campus Support Center.