In the IUIE, how do I run or schedule reports?
Running a report
To run a report in the IUIE, select a report object from
either the Master Catalog or your personal My Catalog index of report
objects, and then fill in any parameters you wish. To submit the
report object, click
Run at the bottom of the page.
Scheduling a report
IUIE user scheduling allows you to schedule the execution of a report object at a specified date and time, or on a specified recurring basis during IUIE online hours. You can schedule, run, and update the execution of any report object within the IUIE application to which you have access.
Scheduling occurs within My Catalog and is available from report
objects whose parameters you have saved using the
Settings button. Following are the specific steps for the stages
of the scheduling process.
Preparing a report for scheduling
- In the Master Catalog, click a report object from the list.
- Select the desired report parameters.
- To save the report parameters, click
Save Settings. This step creates a shortcut with these parameters in the
New Shortcutsfolder of My Catalog. When you open a shortcut with saved parameters, a
Schedulebutton appears near the bottom of the form.
Scheduling a report to run
- In My Catalog, open the saved report from the
New Shortcutsfolder (or from another folder, if you've moved the saved report).
- If you change any report parameters, save the report by
- To open the schedule form, click
Schedule. Select the desired scheduling parameters, and then save the schedule. This places a shortcut in your
Editing a report schedule
- In My Catalog, open the
- From the list of scheduled jobs, click the job name.
- Edit the scheduling parameters as needed, and then save the form.
Last modified on December 09, 2010.