In the IUB STCs, what do I need to know about color printing?
At Indiana University Bloomington, you can send color output from any Windows Student Technology Center (STC) computer to any color printer in the STCs. For a listing of color printer and plotter locations, and applicable fees, see In the IUB STCs and RTCs, where can I print in color, and what are the costs? If you have questions not covered here, see the consultant on duty, or call 812-855-3802.
Note: Black-and-white output printed from an STC color printer costs the same as color output. The charges are based on which printer you use, not the colors you print.
- You must release output routed to a color printer by logging into
the adjacent release station, selecting your document, and then
- All printing in the STCs is charged against your UITS
printing account when it is sent to the printer, not when
it actually prints. As a result, if you send output to a color printer
and then change your mind about printing it, your account will still
be charged. If you decide not to print something sent to a color
printer, you must ask a consultant to issue a print credit. If no
consultant is available, call 812-855-3802 for assistance.
Note: Your bursar bill will be charged if you do not request credit for unprinted color output. You should request the print credit as soon as possible, and you must do so in the same semester the charges were incurred.
- You can verify that a credit is issued by checking your printing
For more, see About printing at IUB.
- There is a per-page charge for using color laser printers. This
charge varies depending on the printer you use.
- There is a per-plot charge for the use of color plotters. This charge varies depending upon the plotter you use, not the size of the plot. Oversized plots (larger than 3 x 4.5 feet) are discouraged. Frequent use of oversized plots may result in additional fees.
Last modified on August 03, 2012.