Indiana University
University Information Technology Services
What are archived documents?

Login is for authorized groups (e.g., UITS, OVPIT, and TCC) that need access to specialized Knowledge Base documents. Otherwise, simply use the Knowledge Base without logging in.


ARCHIVED: In Ad-Aware, how do I download the latest reference files?

Note: As of December 31, 2007, Lavasoft, the producer of Ad-Aware, has discontinued updates for Ad-Aware SE. UITS does not plan to buy a new system-wide site license for Lavasoft's newer commercial products. For information about the academic rates for individual purchase, see Lavasoft's academic/non-profit page. Another anti-spyware option is Windows Defender, which comes with Windows Vista and is free to licensed users of Windows XP.

To download the latest reference files for Ad-Aware:

  1. Make sure you are connected to the Internet.

  2. Open the Ad-Aware program, and click Check for updates now.

  3. In the resulting window, click Connect. Ad-Aware will check for a new reference file and prompt you to download and install it.

    Note: If no new reference file is available, you will see a dialog box that says "No updated components available". If this happens, click OK.

  4. To download and install the new reference file, click OK.

  5. When the installation is complete, click Finish.
This is document anfa in domain all.
Last modified on March 31, 2010.

I need help with a computing problem

  • Fill out this form to submit your issue to the UITS Support Center.
  • Please note that you must be affiliated with Indiana University to receive support.
  • All fields are required.

Please provide your IU email address. If you currently have a problem receiving email at your IU account, enter an alternate email address.

I have a comment for the Knowledge Base

  • Fill out this form to submit your comment to the IU Knowledge Base.
  • If you are affiliated with Indiana University and need help with a computing problem, please use the I need help with a computing problem section above, or contact your campus Support Center.