Indiana University
University Information Technology Services
What are archived documents?

Login is for authorized groups (e.g., UITS, OVPIT, and TCC) that need access to specialized Knowledge Base documents. Otherwise, simply use the Knowledge Base without logging in.


What ArcGIS for Desktop license level do I need?

The ArcGIS for Desktop integrated suite of geographic information system (GIS) software is available in three license levels: Basic (formerly ArcView), Standard (formerly ArcEditor), and Advanced (formerly ArcInfo). All license levels share the same core applications (ArcCatalog, ArcMap, and ArcToolbox), user interface, and development environment. Each license level also provides additional GIS functionality as you transition from Basic to Advanced. UITS provides support for only the Basic and Advanced license levels.

To determine which desktop GIS license you need, see ArcGIS for Desktop: Pricing.

Some departments or research groups purchase licenses for a single product level (such as Advanced), and use that product level exclusively. To save money, some groups also share a pool of licenses (e.g., both Basic and Advanced) among co-workers. Users in this situation must have appropriate privileges to change the license levels and must know how to do so.

If you need to change your ArcGIS product level, see In ArcGIS Desktop, how do I change the product level?

This is document apgb in domain all.
Last modified on March 03, 2014.

I need help with a computing problem

  • Fill out this form to submit your issue to the UITS Support Center.
  • Please note that you must be affiliated with Indiana University to receive support.
  • All fields are required.

Please provide your IU email address. If you currently have a problem receiving email at your IU account, enter an alternate email address.

I have a comment for the Knowledge Base

  • Fill out this form to submit your comment to the IU Knowledge Base.
  • If you are affiliated with Indiana University and need help with a computing problem, please use the I need help with a computing problem section above, or contact your campus Support Center.