How do I set up and use IUanyWare?
After some basic setup, you can use IUanyWare with an installed web browser on any Windows computer running Windows XP SP3 or later, or on any Mac computer running Mac OS X 10.6 or later. You can also use your mobile device; see How do I set up and run IUanyWare applications on my mobile device?
IUanyWare is available at https://iuanyware.iu.edu. IUanyWare uses a
secure connection; to avoid misleading warning messages, be sure to
Log into IUanyWare with your IU Network ID. The first time you do so, you will be prompted to install the necessary Citrix receiver; for instructions, see How do I install the Citrix Receiver for IUanyWare?
IUanyWare offers two file storage options:
- Local file storage available on your client device
- Cloud storage available from your IUanyWare session; for information and setup instructions, see What is IU Cloud Storage and how can I use it?
Note: Do not store files in IUanyWare; you can instead use the Cloud Storage service.
- Log into IUanyWare from any on- or off-campus location to access a
broad range of general-purpose and discipline-specific applications.
These will appear as icons inside folders organized by category; for
instance, you will find Microsoft Word 2010 under
Office Toolsand then
Microsoft Office 2010.
- Click an icon to run the virtualized application.
- When you've finished with the application, you can close it
- When you're finished with IUanyWare, especially if you're on a
public computer (e.g., in an STC), click
Log Offand close your browser as well.
Last modified on March 07, 2013.