Indiana University
University Information Technology Services
What are archived documents?

Login is for authorized groups (e.g., UITS, OVPIT, and TCC) that need access to specialized Knowledge Base documents. Otherwise, simply use the Knowledge Base without logging in.


Using Lync, how do I send a file?

Use Microsoft Lync to access Indiana University's UniCom service.

Note: For Mac users, UITS recommends Lync for Mac to connect to UniCom at Indiana University. Communicator for Mac and Messenger for Mac are not supported.

In both the Windows and Mac versions of the Lync UniCom client, you can send many types of files to individuals in a conversation. You can also share files with groups in an online meeting. Sharing files via UniCom can help you conserve your email storage space (although if you use Exchange and choose to save your IM conversation history, UniCom conversations will count against your Exchange storage; see In IU's UniCom system, is there a record of my calls and IM conversations?)

For instructions, see:

For limitations on file types, see At IU, what types of files cannot be transferred through UniCom?

To learn how to perform common tasks in the Lync client, see Microsoft's Quick Start guides and How-to videos (Windows) or Lync for Mac.

For an introduction to UniCom, including how-to PDFs and videos, see UniCom.

This is document bbix in domain all.
Last modified on December 26, 2013.

I need help with a computing problem

  • Fill out this form to submit your issue to the UITS Support Center.
  • Please note that you must be affiliated with Indiana University to receive support.
  • All fields are required.

Please provide your IU email address. If you currently have a problem receiving email at your IU account, enter an alternate email address.

I have a comment for the Knowledge Base

  • Fill out this form to submit your comment to the IU Knowledge Base.
  • If you are affiliated with Indiana University and need help with a computing problem, please use the I need help with a computing problem section above, or contact your campus Support Center.