Box acceptable use responsibilities
The IU Box service is designed to provide you with better and more secure methods of fostering collaboration. You must agree to follow these acceptable usage standards and must accept responsibility to preserve the security and confidentiality of information that you store, post, share, or access before an account in IU's enterprise Box service is provisioned for you.
Important: Box at IU is designed as a flexible storage service and collaboration tool, but is not acceptable for any institutional data classified as "restricted" or "critical". The service is appropriate for personal files and institutional information classified as public or university-internal. See Classifications of Institutional Data and appropriate data for Box at IU.
You agree to:
- Abide by the responsibilities outlined in the Acceptable Use Agreement for Access to Technology and Information Resources.
- Understand the classifications of institutional data and maintain the appropriate safeguards to protect the information. See Management of Institutional Data.
- Use IU's Box service appropriately for institutional information, as noted above.
- Periodically review your security and sharing settings, ensuring that university information is shared only with intended audiences. See How do I securely set up my enterprise Box account?
- Adhere to established university-wide and departmental policies and guidelines.
- Understand that eligibility to use IU's enterprise Box service is based on current affiliation with the university.
Failure to comply with IU information and IT policies may result in sanctions relating to the individual's use of IT resources (such as suspension or termination of access, or removal of online material); to the individual's employment (up to and including immediate termination of employment); to the individual's studies within the university (such as student discipline in accordance with applicable university policy); civil or criminal liability; or any combination of these. See Management of Institutional Data.
Use of the IU Box service indicates acceptance of these terms.
The enterprise Box support content available here is a result of a collaborative effort by the Internet2 early adopter institutions.
Last modified on November 15, 2013.