Using the TIME system, how do I fill out my timesheet or correct errors?
On this page:
- Accessing TIME
- Clocking in and out
- Fixing mistakes
- Adding time asynchronously
- Getting help and reporting problems
You can log into the TIME system using either a personal computer or a kiosk.
Via computer: Access TIME via the OneStart
is found in the
Administrative Systemssection under the
- Via kiosk: Departments not using PCs will use kiosks (computers dedicated to the TIME system) equipped with card readers and touch-screens. Swipe your ID card at the login screen. If you have card problems, click the button on the screen and log in with your username and password.
Clocking in and out
To clock into TIME:
- In the
Clocksection of your timesheet, select the appropriate assignment from the drop-down menu, if applicable (you may have only one assignment available), and then click one of the clock action buttons.
Note: All clock actions (other than leaving or returning from breaks) are rounded to the nearest tenth of an hour.
- Once you are clocked in or out, close the browser window.
To make changes to an incorrect block of time:
- If you've forgotten to clock in, please contact your supervisor
immediately to set the appropriate clock-in time for you.
- If you clock in when you've already started working, you will need your supervisor to correct your timesheet. Wait until you clock out so that your supervisor can see your full timeblock (clock in and clock out) for editing.
Adding time asynchronously
- In the "Hour Details" section of the appropriate day, click
- From the drop-down lists, select an assignment and an earn code.
You will not be able to enter overtime, which the TIME system will
calculate automatically; see your supervisor or payroll processor
if you have questions.
- Type the beginning and ending times or hours as appropriate. For
most earn codes representing time worked, you will enter beginning and ending
times. For most earn codes representing time off, you will enter
- When you have added all the timeblocks you want, at the bottom of the
To delete a block of time, click
delete to the right of
that block and click
save at the bottom of the timesheet.
Note: The system will not accept 0:00 as a valid time; if you add a line in error, fill in a valid time segment and then delete it.
If you do not make any changes after clicking
close at the bottom of the page; if you do not end the
editing process, your supervisor or payroll processor may not be able
to edit your timesheet.
You cannot make changes to your timesheet after the pay period ends (at midnight Saturday night); if you forget to update it, your supervisor must enter your time worked.
Getting help and reporting problems
For help and to access TIME, see Time Information Management Environment (TIME).
Last modified on March 11, 2013.