ARCHIVED: Using Microsoft OWA for my IU Exchange account, how do I move or copy messages?
Follow the appropriate steps below to move or copy a message using Microsoft Outlook Web App (OWA).
Outlook Web App with the Premium Interface
- Open the message you want to move or copy.
- Click the icon (a yellow folder obscuring a white document behind it, with a blue arrow pointing from the document to the folder), and then choose or . This will open another window that displays a list of folders in your Inbox.
- In the
Move/Copy Itemwindow, select the folder into which you wish to move or copy the message. For a subfolder, click the (plus sign) next to the higher folder shown, and the subfolders will appear.
- Click either or . You can then close the message window.
Outlook Web App with the Light Interface
Note: When using the light interface, you can move, but not copy, messages to a different folder.
- Check the box next to the message or messages you want to move, and then click .
- Select the radio button next to the desired folder. If the folder is not listed, choose a folder from the drop-down menu next to the final radio button. Click . You can then close the message window.
This is document aelk in the Knowledge Base.
Last modified on 2013-07-10.
- Fill out this form to submit your issue to the UITS Support Center.
- Please note that you must be affiliated with Indiana University to receive support.
- All fields are required.