ARCHIVED: Using Microsoft OWA for my IU Exchange account, how do I move or copy messages?
Follow the appropriate steps below to move or copy a message using Microsoft Outlook Web App (OWA).
Note: OWA has the same functionality across major browsers in most cases. For help using OWA, with your Inbox displayed, click(the question mark) at the top right.
Outlook Web App with the Premium Interface
- Open the message you want to move or copy.
- Click the icon (a yellow folder obscuring a white document behind it, with a blue arrow pointing from the document to the folder), and then choose or . This will open another window that displays a list of folders in your Inbox.
- In the
Move/Copy Itemwindow, select the folder into which you wish to move or copy the message. For a subfolder, click the (plus sign) next to the higher folder shown, and the subfolders will appear.
- Click either or . You can then close the message window.
Outlook Web App with the Light Interface
Note: When using the light interface, you can move, but not copy, messages to a different folder.
- Check the box next to the message or messages you want to move, and then click .
- Select the radio button next to the desired folder. If the folder is not listed, choose a folder from the drop-down menu next to the final radio button. Click . You can then close the message window.
This is document aelk in the Knowledge Base.
Last modified on 2013-07-10.
- Fill out this form to submit your issue to the UITS Support Center.
- Please note that you must be affiliated with Indiana University to receive support.
- All fields are required.