ARCHIVED: How do I reset my HP JetDirect card?
If you need to reset your HP JetDirect card, Hewlett-Packard recommends doing a cold reset (resetting the card to factory defaults). A cold reset will completely erase a JetDirect card's settings and allow you to reconfigure it. Before doing so, you should print out a configuration page for reference. For directions on how to print the configuration page and reset your JetDirect card, consult the manual or user guide for your printer. If you cannot locate these, download a new user guide from Hewlett-Packard:
- From HP Drivers
and Downloads, search for your printer's full name. For example, if your printer is a LaserJet 8100, search for
- In the search results, click the matching printer.
- Under the "Knowledge Base Options" section, select .
- Choose the appropriate user guide for your printer.
If you still can't find instructions for your particular printer and card model, take the following steps appropriate for your type of JetDirect card:
- Internal cards: Turn off the printer, take out the JetDirect card and let it sit overnight. Insert the card back into the printer.
- External cards: Hold down the Test button and unplug the power cord from the box. Reconnect the power cord.
For further information and support for HP JetAdmin Software, visit HP's Business Support Center.
This is document aizz in the Knowledge Base.
Last modified on 2016-11-17 18:55:40.
- Fill out this form to submit your issue to the UITS Support Center.
- Please note that you must be affiliated with Indiana University to receive support.
- All fields are required.