How to sponsor a computing account for an IU affiliate
Affiliate accounts are not intended for those who will later become IU students, faculty, or staff. These individuals must wait to create their accounts until they are admitted or their records are entered into the relevant IU system (e.g., the human resources office).
Individuals who are not students, faculty, or staff, but who are affiliated with IU (e.g., contracted employees or consultants) may be eligible for an account as an IU affiliate. These accounts must be sponsored by a full-time IU faculty or staff member. For details about account eligibility, see Eligibility to Use Information Technology Resources (IT-03).
Information you will need about the affiliate
- Full name (first, middle, and last)
- Date of birth
- Department with which the person is affiliated
- The specific IU campus where the affiliate needs accounts
- Phone number
- Appointment start and end dates
- A description of how the person is affiliated with IU
Instructions for requesting sponsorship
- Go to Affiliate Accounts in One.IU, and click .
- Click , and then click .
- Enter the requested information about you and about the affiliate.
- Click .
Within two business days, the sponsor will receive a response with further instructions.
This is document akll in the Knowledge Base.
Last modified on 2015-10-28.
- Fill out this form to submit your issue to the UITS Support Center.
- Please note that you must be affiliated with Indiana University to receive support.
- All fields are required.