In Mac OS X, how do I use Cyberduck to transfer files over SFTP?
- Double-click the Cyberduck icon. When Cyberduck opens, at the upper left, click ; alternatively, from the menu, select .
- At the top of the sheet that appears, from the drop-down menu, select .
- In the "Server:" field, type the address of the remote host to
which you wish to connect (e.g.,
- In the "Username:" and "Password:" fields, type your username and passphrase for the remote computer. To save your password to the Keychain, check .
- To log into a directory other than your home directory, at the
bottom of the sheet, click
www). . In the "Path:"
field, type the directory name (e.g.,
Note: The first time you connect to a host, Cyberduck will display a warning such as "Unknown host key for server.uits.indiana.edu". Clickto continue. to open the SFTP connection.
- A window will open displaying the list of files on the remote host. To upload files or folders, drag them from a Finder window into the Cyberduck window. To download files or folders, drag them from Cyberduck into a Finder window.
This is document akom in the Knowledge Base.
Last modified on 2014-10-31.
- Fill out this form to submit your issue to the UITS Support Center.
- Please note that you must be affiliated with Indiana University to receive support.
- All fields are required.