ARCHIVED: In Oncourse, how can I create, change, or delete a discussion forum?
To create a discussion forum in Oncourse, follow the steps below:
- In a course for which you have authoring privileges, click .
- Click .
- Click the blue plus sign icon next to "New Item".
- In the "Title" field, enter a name for the forum. In the "Description" field, enter a short description.
- To provide a topic or URL on which to focus your forum, type that information in the "Content" field. To control how this information is displayed, in the "Format" field, choose , , or .
- You may also click the blue (plus sign) to add an attachment.
- Under "Viewable By", select which users may enter the forum. If you have groups set up for the course, you can choose to restrict access to particular groups. For more information about creating groups, see the Knowledge Base document ARCHIVED: In Oncourse, how can I organize my class into groups?
- Click to create the discussion forum.
To change or delete a discussion forum, click, then click and follow the appropriate instructions below:
- To change a forum, click the pencil icon next to the name of the forum. Make your changes and click .
- To delete a forum, check the box next to the name of the forum, then click the button with the red "x" next to "Delete Selected Items". Click when requested to confirm the deletion.
This is document akrh in the Knowledge Base.
Last modified on 2010-08-30.
- Fill out this form to submit your issue to the UITS Support Center.
- Please note that you must be affiliated with Indiana University to receive support.
- All fields are required.