At IUB, how can I get temporary access to the Internet without an IU username and passphrase?
To access the Internet at IU Bloomington without IU credentials, you have two options:
- You can use the AT&T visitor wireless network.
- You can request a Library Guest Account at any of the IUB libraries. These accounts are available free of charge; they remain active for 20 days and can be used at all IUB campus libraries. For details, call 812-855-4673 or visit Library
- The account does not include any printing. If you need to print, obtain a Library Guest Account from the circulation desk in the Wells Library Scholars' Commons (first floor of the East Tower), and request a printing allotment at the same time. A supplemental allotment provides 4.00 print credits (equal to 100 B&W pages) for $4.
- The Library Guest Account does not grant you access to computers in IUB's Student Technology Centers or Residential Technology Centers, or at UITS Infostations, nor does it enable you to connect your laptop to IUB's network via an Ethernet or wireless connection. Those services are reserved for students, faculty, and staff with Network ID accounts.
This is document albd in the Knowledge Base.
Last modified on 2017-04-26 15:35:20.
- Fill out this form to submit your issue to the UITS Support Center.
- Please note that you must be affiliated with Indiana University to receive support.
- All fields are required.