In the IUIE, what are shortcuts, and how do I save settings as a shortcut in the Master Catalog?
In the IUIE, a
New Shortcuts folder, but you can move it to any
folder within My Catalog.
Note: If a publisher makes any changes to an existing report in the Master Catalog, you may have to delete your shortcut and create a new one based on the latest version of the report.
To save a report object as a shortcut in the
Shortcuts folder of My Catalog, click . For frozen files, a simple shortcut is created. For all
other report objects, you can save the blank report form, or save the
report with any parameters you enter.
Clickinggenerates a form with the following features:
- On the upper left, a link identifies the form and links to metadata about the particular type of form.
- On the upper right, a link provides shortcuts for saving.
- Radio buttons allow you to choose from the two shortcut functions:
In the field "Save a new Shortcut using the label:", you can enter a label for the new shortcut. If you invoked the data extract, data template, PDQ, or indexed report from the Master Catalog, this field will contain the original label as the default. If you invoked the item through a shortcut, this field will contain the label associated with the shortcut as the default.
Beside "Overwrite the existing Shortcut selected below:", you will see a selection list of the existing shortcuts saved for this item. To overwrite the selected shortcut with the current form, click.
Note: If you have no saved shortcuts, you can only save a new shortcut, and you will not see the radio buttons. You can, however, change the name for the shortcut.
- executes the selected function and displays a confirmation form reporting the name of the shortcut that was saved or overwritten.
- Clicking on the confirmation form returns you to the original report object. Clicking returns you to the item from which you originally clicked .
This is document aljz in the Knowledge Base.
Last modified on 2010-12-14 00:00:00.
- Fill out this form to submit your issue to the UITS Support Center.
- Please note that you must be affiliated with Indiana University to receive support.
- All fields are required.