In Windows, how do I tell what version of USB ports I have installed on my computer?
Many computer manufacturers do not clearly mark USB port versions. Use the Device Manager to determine if your computer has USB 1.1, 2.0, or 3.0 ports:
- Open the Device Manager.
- In the "Device Manager" window, click the
(plus sign) next to . You
will see a list of the USB ports installed on your computer.
- If your USB port name contains "Universal Host", your port is
- If the port name contains both "Universal Host" and "Enhanced Host", your port is version 2.0.
- If the port name contains "USB 3.0", your port is version 3.0.
- If your USB port name contains "Universal Host", your port is version 1.1.
This is document aout in the Knowledge Base.
Last modified on 2016-07-22 15:23:23.
- Fill out this form to submit your issue to the UITS Support Center.
- Please note that you must be affiliated with Indiana University to receive support.
- All fields are required.