About access to stored electronic files of deceased or incapacitated students

A parent or other legal representative seeking access to the stored electronic files (for example, email messages) or other student information of a deceased or incapacitated student should initiate the request by contacting the Dean of Students of the relevant campus. Documentation evidencing the person's status as a lawful representative of the student as well as the student's death certificate will be required prior to access being granted. Due to limited data retention periods, access should be requested as soon as possible to facilitate preservation. Preservation of files is not guaranteed.

For IU Bloomington students, contact vpsa@indiana.edu. For all other campuses, see Contact your campus student affairs office.

The above is in accordance with university policy Privacy of Electronic Information and Information Technology Resources (IT-07).

This is document apcc in the Knowledge Base.
Last modified on 2018-08-15 13:49:57.

Contact us

For help or to comment, email the UITS Support Center.