In Outlook, what should I do if my reminders aren't working?
If you have set reminders in Outlook and they are not working, one of these may apply:
- You have not opened Outlook. Outlook must be running for reminders to display.
- You do not have your Calendar or Task reminders in your primary
folder (i.e., the folder where you receive messages). Make sure you've
created your reminders in the same folder that you receive your
email, either your mailbox
Inboxor your personal folders file
- You have not specified a location for your email to be
delivered. To find and change your delivery location:
- Click the tab. From the drop-down menu, click .
- On the tab, make sure the field "Selected e-mail account delivers new e-mail messages to the following location:" displays "Mailbox-Lastname, Firstname Middle\Inbox".
- If desired, change the delivery location on the tab.
- When you are done, click .
Remindersfolder may be damaged or contain corrupt items. To clear and regenerate your
- If Outlook is open, quit the application.
- From the Start menu, in the
"Search programs and files" field, enter:
- Click to exit the window.
This is document apgk in the Knowledge Base.
Last modified on 2015-10-14.
- Fill out this form to submit your issue to the UITS Support Center.
- Please note that you must be affiliated with Indiana University to receive support.
- All fields are required.