ARCHIVED: At IU, what is the UITS Identity Management Systems group?
"Identity management is the set of business processes, and a
supporting infrastructure, that provides identity-based access control
to systems and resources in accordance with established policies."
- Business process: Identity Management solutions are deeply embedded within university business processes. When new people join the IU community or when roles change, staff react immediately to enable access to new resources. Tight integration with other enterprise systems ensures that these changes happen in a timely manner.
- Policy: Working in conjunction with the Public Safety and Institutional Assurance Office, staff design and implement systems to ensure that the university maintains strict compliance with all applicable laws, regulations, and policies with regard to controlling access to electronic resources.
- CAS: The Central Authentication Service allows web applications to delegate the process of authenticating users. CAS can authenticate users using both passphrases and OTP (One Time Password) tokens. CAS also provides single sign-on functionality for web applications.
- Account Management System: The Account Management System allows users to centrally manage access to most enterprise systems. Users can create initial accounts, change preferences regarding email delivery, and create and manage access for others (e.g., conference attendees, affiliates, guests).
- Passphrase: Most electronic access at IU is controlled by means of a Network ID username and passphrase. The passphrase management site allows changing a passphrase or resetting a forgotten passphrase, and provides support staff with the ability to reset a passphrase.
- Directory Services: Identity Management uses a central metadirectory to facilitate lifecycle identity management. The metadirectory connects to all key enterprise systems and then aggregates and synchronizes identity information across all systems, including enterprise directories. This provides a consistent and accurate representation of each person within the entire organization. As data is changed in one system, it automatically updates in all other connected systems.
- Information cards
- Security token service
- Role-based access management
Contact Identity Management Systems
If you are having problems with your IU Accounts, contact your campus Support Center.
For emergencies with production systems at any time of day, call 812-855-9910. Provide a description of the problem and request a page.
For assistance with non-production issues, contact Identity Management Systems.
This is document aptr in the Knowledge Base.
Last modified on 2014-10-14 00:00:00.
- Fill out this form to submit your issue to the UITS Support Center.
- Please note that you must be affiliated with Indiana University to receive support.
- All fields are required.