At IU, running ArcGIS Desktop, if I receive the error message "Checkout exceeds MAX specified in options file", what should I do?
If you receive this message while using ArcGIS Desktop with the UITS-managed Esri License Service, it means you or your group have exceeded the concurrent number of license features available to you. For example, if your department purchased two ArcGIS Advanced licenses, you will receive this error if you try to launch three concurrent sessions of ArcGIS Desktop Advanced.
To use ArcGIS Desktop, try one of these options:
- Limit the number of concurrent ArcGIS Desktop users for your department.
- Try to use ArcGIS Desktop during non-peak hours, such as evenings and weekends.
- Purchase more ArcGIS Desktop licenses; see At IU, how do I obtain Esri software?
This is document aqsl in the Knowledge Base.
Last modified on 2014-06-25.
- Fill out this form to submit your issue to the UITS Support Center.
- Please note that you must be affiliated with Indiana University to receive support.
- All fields are required.