In Oncourse, how can I request a site?
Instructors and staff
At Indiana University, course sites are automatically generated for all official classes listed by the registrar. In addition, instructors and staff members can request any of the following:
- Practice course sites: Allow instructors to experiment with course tools, development, and organization.
- Project sites: Allow you to use the collaboration tools available in Oncourse for projects, research, and committees.
- Portfolio sites: Allow faculty and administrators to guide students through the process of creating learning, assessment, and presentation portfolios; see Portfolio environment: Overview. As with a practice course site, you can request a portfolio site in order to become familiar with the portfolio tools.
- IUSM practice course sites: Allow instructors to experiment with tools, development, and organization specific to IU School of Medicine courses.
To request a practice course site, IUSM practice course site, project site, or portfolio site, submit the request form. Oncourse administrators will notify you by email once your site is ready. When you log into Oncourse, you should see your requested site listed in the tabs across the top of the screen or in the drawer. For information about managing your site's settings and membership, see Site Setup.
Students are eligible to set up project sites only. To request a project site, a student must have a faculty or staff sponsor fill out and submit the request form above (i.e., students cannot submit request forms themselves).
This is document atkd in the Knowledge Base.
Last modified on 2015-02-10.
- Fill out this form to submit your issue to the UITS Support Center.
- Please note that you must be affiliated with Indiana University to receive support.
- All fields are required.