When connecting to a videoconference meeting at IU, how do I enter a conference code or PIN number?
When connecting to a videoconference meeting at Indiana University, you may need to enter a conference code or PIN number. Because the remote controls for both the videoconferencing room and desktop videoconferencing systems are capable of transferring DTMF (dual-tone multi-frequency) tones (the same tones you hear when you use a telephone keypad), you can use the remotes to enter your conference code or PIN number:
From a Polycom or Tandberg group system
- On the remote control, press # .
This activates the DTMF tone dialer; you will see a keypad icon in the upper-right corner of your TV screen.
- Using the remote control, enter the conference code or PIN number.
- To complete the entry, press # .
At Indiana University, for information on how to use the remote control for the Tandberg video system, consult IU's Tandberg Quick Start Guide (PDF).
From Cisco Jabber Video (Movi) desktop videoconferencing software
- Inside the Jabber Video (Movi) conference window, click the 3x3 grid icon next to "Info".
- Jabber Video will display a pop-up dialpad. Use the dialpad to enter your number, and then press # to submit.
This is document auea in the Knowledge Base.
Last modified on 2016-01-12.
- Fill out this form to submit your issue to the UITS Support Center.
- Please note that you must be affiliated with Indiana University to receive support.
- All fields are required.