What is IU Intelligent Infrastructure?
The reusability of the II infrastructure provides substantial cost benefits to customers and allows continuous innovation, refinement, and adaptation to meet evolving operational needs.
The II service model offers two principal components, allowing you to adjust your level of service as needs change. You can begin service with only a single virtual machine or simply with backups, adding disk storage or additional system resources when you choose. You maintain full control of your operating system, applications, and data.
- Virtual systems supply the infrastructure and network capacity necessary to host your applications, while optional disk storage on UITS enterprise-class storage area networks (SANs) ensures security and availability of your files.
- Backup solutions provide on-site and off-site tape storage, isolating you from potential disasters by storing your backup data within the two UITS hardened data centers.
- Reduced overall cost of hardware to the university
- Protection of environment with greener solution; overall energy savings
- Improved security of university data and IT assets
- Enhanced physical access security
For further details, see IU Intelligent Infrastructure.
This is document awwo in the Knowledge Base.
Last modified on 2015-03-19.
- Fill out this form to submit your issue to the UITS Support Center.
- Please note that you must be affiliated with Indiana University to receive support.
- All fields are required.