How do I check my storage space on the IU Exchange server?
Following are instruction for checking the amount of allotted storage space you have used in your Indiana University Exchange account. For information about managing your Exchange storage space, see About your storage space on the Exchange server.
On this page:
Outlook 2013, 2010
To determine your space usage in Outlook 2013 or 2010, click thetab and, if necessary, select in the left column. The "Mailbox Cleanup" section will display how much space you are using in your mailbox.
For a detailed list displaying the size of each folder in your mailbox:
- In the "Mailbox Cleanup" section, click .
- Select from the drop-down list.
- Click .
- Your total usage is listed beside "Total Size (including subfolders)", with each folder's size below the total.
Note: Outlook 2011 does not show how much storage space you have left; it only shows how big your folders are. You can check your actual quota in Outlook Web App (OWA), as shown below.
To check your usage in Outlook 2011:
- In the "Mail Folders" list, right-click your Exchange mailbox. From the drop-down menu, choose .
- Click the tab to view the size of each folder on the server.
- When you're finished, click .
Mac OS X Mail
Note: Mail does not show how much storage space you have left; it only shows how big your folders are. You can check your actual quota in Outlook Web App (OWA), as shown below.
To configure Mail to read your IU Exchange account, see Using Mac OS X 10.6 and later, how do I configure Mail to read my Cyrus (Webmail) or IU Exchange mail?
Once you have Mail configured, follow these instructions to view your quota:
- If you cannot see your list of mail folders (e.g., your inbox, sent messages) go to the menu and select or .
- In the mailbox list in the left column of the mail window,
Ctrl-click or right-click your Inbox, and in the contextual menu that appears, select .
- If you use Mail to access multiple accounts, make sure that your IU Exchange account is selected in the pop-up menu next to "Account:". Look under the tab for a summary of the amount of space your mail is taking up. It may take some time for the program to complete the summary.
Outlook Web App (OWA)
If you are in the Premium interface for Outlook Web App (OWA):
- In the lower left of the window, on the navigation bar, click to make sure you are in the correct view.
- In the upper left, you will see the folder list. Your name will be displayed near the top as . Mouse over your name. A small box with your storage information will appear.
This is document aglh in the Knowledge Base.
Last modified on 2015-02-02.
- Fill out this form to submit your issue to the UITS Support Center.
- Please note that you must be affiliated with Indiana University to receive support.
- All fields are required.