How do I check my storage space on the IU Exchange server?
Following are instructions for checking the amount of allotted storage space you have used in your Indiana University Exchange account. For information about managing your Exchange storage space, see About your storage space on the Exchange server.
On this page:
Microsoft Outlook for Windows
To determine your space usage in Outlook 2016, 2013, or 2010, click thetab and, if necessary, select in the left column. The "Mailbox Cleanup" section will display how much space you are using in your mailbox.
For a detailed list displaying the size of each folder in your mailbox:
- In the "Mailbox Cleanup" section, click .
- Select from the drop-down list.
- Click .
- Your total usage is listed beside "Total Size (including subfolders)", with each folder's size below the total.
Microsoft Outlook for Mac OS X
To check your usage in Outlook:
- In your mail folders list, right-click your Exchange mailbox. From the drop-down menu, choose or .
- Click the tab to view the size of each folder on the server.
- When you're finished, click .
Mac OS X Mail
To configure Mail to read your IU Exchange account, see Using Mac OS X, how do I configure Mail, Calendar, and Contacts for my IU Exchange account?
Once you have Mail configured, follow these instructions to view your quota:
- If you cannot see your list of mail folders (e.g., your inbox, sent messages), go to the menu and select or .
- In the mailbox list in the left column of the mail window,
Ctrl-click or right-click your Inbox, and in the contextual menu that appears, select .
- If you use Mail to access multiple accounts, make sure that your IU Exchange account is selected in the pop-up menu next to "Account:". Look under the tab for a summary of the amount of space your mail is taking up. It may take some time for the program to complete the summary.
Outlook Web App (OWA)
If you are in the Premium interface for Outlook Web App (OWA):
- In the upper right of the window, select the gear icon, and then select .
- On the left, highlight . You will see your mailbox's storage space under "Mailbox Usage".
This is document aglh in the Knowledge Base.
Last modified on 2016-02-04.
- Fill out this form to submit your issue to the UITS Support Center.
- Please note that you must be affiliated with Indiana University to receive support.
- All fields are required.