At IU, how do I report a suspected information or information technology (IT) security issue?
The University Information Policy Office (UIPO) at Indiana University, along with the University Information Security Office (UISO), assists in responding to and investigating incidents related to misuse or abuse of IU information and information technology resources. This includes computer and network security breaches, and unauthorized disclosure, exposure, or modification of institutional data or personal information. To report suspected security breaches:
- IT incidents involving threats to personal safety or physical property, or illegal activities
- Immediately contact your campus police department.
- A security incident concerning a computer hosting sensitive institutional or personal data
- Follow the instructions on the Protect IU:
Reporting Security Incidents page.
- Non-emergency reports of information and IT security or abuse incidents
- Send mail to
This is document ahex in the Knowledge Base.
Last modified on 2014-10-17.
- Fill out this form to submit your issue to the UITS Support Center.
- Please note that you must be affiliated with Indiana University to receive support.
- All fields are required.