In Windows 8.x, 7, and Vista, how do I configure my computer to obtain an IP address automatically?
In Windows 8.x, 7, and Vista, you can configure your computer to obtain an IP address automatically by completing the appropriate steps below:
- Navigate to the Control Panel.
Note: For help navigating, see Getting around in Windows.
- Double-click or .
- From the list of tasks on the left, click (Windows 8.x and 7), or (Vista).
- For a wired network connection, right-click , and select . For a wireless network connection, right-click , and select .
- From the tab, make sure is checked, and then click .
- Select , and then click .
This is document aiyy in the Knowledge Base.
Last modified on 2014-10-17.
- Fill out this form to submit your issue to the UITS Support Center.
- Please note that you must be affiliated with Indiana University to receive support.
- All fields are required.