Departmental long distance calls at IUB and IUPUI

Direct-dial long distance is not available in campus housing at IUB and IUPUI. However, students, faculty, and staff may take advantage of special pricing for AT&T personal cellular service; see IU's agreement with AT&T for personal discounted rates.

On this page:

Domestic long distance

At Indiana University Bloomington and IUPUI, administrative domestic long distance calls are included as part of the basic bundle of services from UITS. You do not need an Authorization Code for domestic long distance calls, but you do need one for directory assistance; see below.

International calls and Authorization Codes

Faculty and staff will need Authorization Codes to make international calls from campus telephones. If you are a faculty or staff member and do not have an Authorization Code, contact your telecommunications coordinator for assistance.

If you do not know who your telecommunications coordinator is, at IU Bloomington, call 812-856-2287; at IUPUI, call 317-274-3004. You can also email Communications Planning and Implementation.

For current rates for administrative international calls at IU Bloomington and IUPUI, call 812-855-2111 (Bloomington) or 317-274-3004 (IUPUI).

Recovering an Authorization Code or departmental calling card

If you've simply forgotten your Authorization Code for international phone calls, but no physical record of the code has been compromised, you can email the Communications Planning and Implementation team to retrieve your code, or call them at 812-856-2287 (IU Bloomington) or 317-274-3004 (IUPUI).

However, if your departmental calling card or any physical record of your Authorization Code is lost or stolen, notify the appropriate personnel immediately.

During business hours:

IU Bloomington: 812-855-2111
IUPUI: 317-274-3004
IUPU Columbus: 812-375-7555
IU Kokomo: 765-455-9315
IU South Bend: 574-520-5555

During non-business hours (for calling cards only):

Qwest Customer Service: 800-860-1020

It is UITS policy to immediately cancel an Authorization Code or departmental calling card and issue a replacement when any charges associated with these services are disputed.

This is document almf in the Knowledge Base.
Last modified on 2018-08-16 10:17:29.

Contact us

For help or to comment, email the UITS Support Center.