At IU, where can I get help with GIS or remote sensing?
Contact UITS GIS for technical support or questions about GIS software across all Indiana University campuses. The following resources are also available to students, faculty, and staff for help and technical support with GIS and remote sensing software:
- GIS and Remote Sensing Contacts at IU: These individuals actively use GIS software provided by UITS and may be able to provide support within their departments.
- GIS Resources at Indiana University: Main web site for GIS activities at IU, with information on software, training, spatial data resources, and departments using GIS software
- IU Knowledge Base: Contains numerous articles related to GIS and remote sensing, including articles on software installation, GIS training, geoprocessing, managing dataset tables, and spatial data resources.
- IUCAT (IU's Online Library
Catalog): Provides access to a wealth of free tutorials, training
guides, software documentation, CDs, and DVDs. To locate GIS- and
remote sensing-related documentation and media, log into IUCAT, and
then enter your search terms in the "keywords anywhere" field. For
example, to see ERDAS information, enter
ERDAS. For Esri information, enter
ArcGIS and Esri
- Esri Support: This is the best resource for questions about ArcGIS software. Enter your error message or the keywords of your problem in the search box. Look for answers in discussion forums, mailing lists, white papers, and help menus.
- ArcGIS Resources: These pages provide access to free ArcGIS Online standard services, blogs, methods, frequently asked questions, and tips about using ArcGIS and other Esri products.
- Esri Mapping Center: Learn how to make high-quality maps by using professional cartographic concepts and techniques. Ask a cartographer for a solution to your particular mapping challenges.
- Esri PDF Tutorials: ArcGIS software tutorials give step-by-step instructions for learning how to perform data analysis functions.
- Esri Virtual Campus courses: Free self-study Virtual Campus courses authored exclusively by Esri are available only to IU staff, faculty, and students.
- Esri Speaker Series Podcasts: Listen to free short audio recordings that focus on topics such as tips to improve your workflow, tricks for optimizing your geodatabase, and updates on new software features.
- Esri Discussion Forums: The GIS professional community can use this space to ask and answer focused questions or browse past discussions.
ERDAS IMAGINE and related Intergraph software
- Intergraph SG&I Support: ERDAS IMAGINE and LPS support
- Intergraph Customer Forums: Peer-to-peer help on ERDAS IMAGINE, LPS, ArcGIS extensions, geospatial imaging, and GIS issues
- GIS discussion and mailing lists: Provides a variety of forums and discussion lists for posting questions about GIS.
This is document anhw in the Knowledge Base.
Last modified on 2014-10-17.
- Fill out this form to submit your issue to the UITS Support Center.
- Please note that you must be affiliated with Indiana University to receive support.
- All fields are required.