ARCHIVED: How do I enable or disable pop-ups in web browsers?
On this page:
Internet Explorer 9
- At the upper right, click the icon, and select .
- Click the tab.
- Check or uncheck
Note: To access advanced features, in the "Pop-up Blocker" section, click.
Internet Explorer 8 and 7
- From the menu, select .
- Click to select either or .
By default, Internet Explorer displays pop-ups that appear as a result of clicking a link or button. Pop-up Blocker blocks pop-ups that are displayed automatically (without your clicking a link or button). To allow a specific web site to display automatic pop-ups:
- Click , select , and then click .
- In the "Address of website to allow" box, type the address (or URL) of the web site you want to see pop-ups from, and then click .
- Repeat step 2 for every web site you want to allow pop-ups from. When you are finished adding web sites, click .
- In Windows, from the
If the menu bar is hidden, press
Altto make it visible.
In Mac OS X, from themenu, select menu, select
- Click .
- Check or uncheck .
When blocking a pop-up, Firefox displays an information bar, as well as an icon in the status bar. When you click either thebutton in the information bar or the icon in the status bar, a menu is displayed with the following choices:
Note: If you select, you can then click next to "Block pop-up windows" and enter the URLs for any sites on which you wish to allow pop-ups.
- (the particular blocked pop-up)
From the(in Mac OS X) or (in Windows) menu, select .
- At the upper right, click the wrench icon, and select ( in Mac OS X and Linux).
- Click .
- In the "Privacy" section, click .
- In the "Pop-ups" section, select or . To customize permissions for specific websites, click .
This is document atdz in the Knowledge Base.
Last modified on 2013-01-07 00:00:00.
- Fill out this form to submit your issue to the UITS Support Center.
- Please note that you must be affiliated with Indiana University to receive support.
- All fields are required.