Box acceptable use responsibilities
The IU Box service is designed to provide you with better and more secure methods of fostering collaboration. You must agree to follow these acceptable usage standards and must accept responsibility to preserve the security and confidentiality of information that you store, post, share, or access before an account in IU's enterprise Box service is provisioned for you.
Important: Box at Indiana University is a flexible storage service and collaboration tool that is appropriate for use with institutional data classified as Public, University-internal, or Restricted, as well as with personal files. Box is not appropriate for storing or sharing institutional data classified as Critical, including data that contain protected health information (PHI) regulated by the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996 (HIPAA). For more, see What types of data are appropriate for my enterprise Box account?
You agree to:
- Abide by the responsibilities outlined in the Acceptable Use Agreement for Access to Technology and Information Resources.
- Understand the classifications of institutional data and maintain the appropriate safeguards to protect the information. See Data Management Policies and Guidelines.
- Use IU's Box service appropriately for institutional information, as noted above.
- Periodically review your security and sharing settings, ensuring that university information is shared only with intended audiences. See How do I securely set up my enterprise Box account?
- Adhere to established university-wide and departmental policies and guidelines.
- Understand that eligibility to use IU's enterprise Box service is based on current affiliation with the university.
Failure to comply with IU information and IT policies may result in sanctions relating to the individual's use of IT resources (such as suspension or termination of access, or removal of online material); to the individual's employment (up to and including immediate termination of employment); to the individual's studies within the university (such as student discipline in accordance with applicable university policy); civil or criminal liability; or any combination of these. See Management of Institutional Data (DM-01).
Use of the IU Box service indicates acceptance of these terms.
This is document bbyj in the Knowledge Base.
Last modified on 2015-04-03.
- Fill out this form to submit your issue to the UITS Support Center.
- Please note that you must be affiliated with Indiana University to receive support.
- All fields are required.