One.IU is the replacement for OneStart, IU's enterprise web portal which will be retired in October of this year; for details, see About the OneStart retirement. One.IU was created to bring a modern app store experience to finding what you need at IU. With One.IU, you search for what you want to do, and click to launch it.
On this page:
Finding tasks in One.IU
Access One.IU through your browser, or download the IU Mobile app through Google Play or iTunes. (For Internet Explorer, use the latest version with Compatibility Mode turned off).
One.IU supports access from smartphones, tablets, laptops, and desktops. The interface is designed to be consistent and familiar, and provides simple but powerful search capabilities that help you quickly find and access the IU services you need to accomplish important tasks (e.g., finding classes, checking grades, and paying bills).
Search results are displayed as badges, similar to the icons you see in a typical mobile app store. Each badge (or "task") represents an IU service, and is identified by name and category.
You also can search within specific categories of tasks (e.g.,, , or ), or search based on your role at IU (e.g., , , or ) or campus affiliation.
One.IU uses search analytics to provide suggested results based on previous visits and the tasks performed by similar users. When you log in, you can comment on and rate tasks, select favorites for easy access, and set preferences (e.g., default campus).
Additionally, tasks are optimized for indexing by search engines (e.g., Google), so you can find the One.IU tasks you need from outside the One.IU interface.
To launch a task, click its badge; or (next to the badge), click, and then, on the page that opens, click .
More about One.IU tasks
One.IU contains hundreds of tasks, and the number of tasks will continue to grow through regular releases.
- Tasks and search: Tasks are displayed based on values associated with their titles, tags, descriptions, and metadata. The more frequently a task is used in connection with a certain search value, the more that value will increase.
- Grouping tasks: Publishers can group tasks by category, tag, role, and campus.
- Most popular tasks: Task popularity rises based on the number of clicks. Publishers can market tasks on other media to increase clicks and popularity.
- Featured tasks: To have your task featured on the top page's carousel, submit a request to the One.IU team.
- Ratings: When publishers submit task updates, they have the option to change version numbers, which resets the ratings back to 0. This may be particularly helpful for updates that include improved functionality. Users will be able to check old versions to see past reviews.
- Feedback: Each task's area contains a link that allows users to provide feedback.
If you cannot find a task you think should be in One.IU, or if you have comments about an existing One.IU task, email the One.IU team. Staff will follow up appropriately.
For more about One.IU and the transition from OneStart, see these videos:
This is document bdqb in the Knowledge Base.
Last modified on 2015-09-30.
- Fill out this form to submit your issue to the UITS Support Center.
- Please note that you must be affiliated with Indiana University to receive support.
- All fields are required.