ARCHIVED: At IU, how do I create a Guest account?
To create a Guest account at Indiana University:
- Go to the Account Management Service at:
- Select , and then click .
- Enter your email address in the appropriate field.
Note: For all Guest accounts, the full email address provided (e.g.,
firstname.lastname@example.org) is the account's username. You must enter the full address when asked for a username to successfully authenticate to the online applications and services of the university.
- Enter your name in the appropriate fields; enter and verify your IU Guest account password. Click .
- The AMS will send an activation message to the email address you provided. To open the page that will activate your account, click the link in the message.
- On the "Activate your IU Guest Account" page, enter your username (i.e., the entire email address you provided) and confirmation code.
- Click .
Note: IU Guest accounts do not have access to all the services offered by UITS or the university. Among the services not available to Guest accounts are IUware (software available for download), email (including IU Webmail), and access to computers in IU Student Technology Centers.
Note: Guest accounts will not allow authentication to ITHelpLive, but Guest account users may use all other support options described in How do I contact the Support Center at each IU campus for help?
This is document alqu in the Knowledge Base.
Last modified on 2013-06-26.
- Fill out this form to submit your issue to the UITS Support Center.
- Please note that you must be affiliated with Indiana University to receive support.
- All fields are required.