About IU Guest accounts
For those with no formal relationship with Indiana University, Guest accounts provide limited access to certain needed online applications and services, for a specific purpose. The amount of access is determined by the particular application. Guest accounts may be removed if the account has not been used in more than a year, or upon request.
This type of Guest account is entirely separate from any other type of IU account.
To create a Guest account at Indiana University:
- Click .
- Enter your email address in the appropriate field.
Note:For all Guest accounts, the username is the full email address provided (e.g.,
email@example.com). Thus, to successfully authenticate to IU applications and services, enter the full address when prompted for a username.
- Enter your name in the appropriate fields; enter and verify your IU Guest account password. Click .
- The system will send an activation message to the email address you provided. To open the page that will activate your account, click the link in the message.
- On the "Activate your IU Guest Account" page, enter your username (i.e., the entire email address you provided) and confirmation code.
- Click .
This is document alqt in the Knowledge Base.
Last modified on 2016-01-20.
- Fill out this form to submit your issue to the UITS Support Center.
- Please note that you must be affiliated with Indiana University to receive support.
- All fields are required.