About IU Guest accounts
For those with no formal relationship with Indiana University, Guest accounts provide limited access to certain needed online applications and services, for a specific purpose. The amount of access is determined by the particular application. Guest accounts may be removed if the account has not been used in more than a year, or upon request.
This type of Guest account is entirely separate from any other type of IU account.
Note: Guest accounts will not allow authentication to ITHelpLive, but Guest account users may use all other support options described in How do I contact the Support Center at each IU campus for help?
To create a Guest account at Indiana University:
- Go to the Account Management Service at:
- Select , and then click .
- Enter your email address in the appropriate field.
Note: For all Guest accounts, the full email address provided (e.g.,
firstname.lastname@example.org) is the account's username. You must enter the full address when asked for a username to successfully authenticate to the online applications and services of the university.
- Enter your name in the appropriate fields; enter and verify your IU Guest account password. Click .
- The AMS will send an activation message to the email address you provided. To open the page that will activate your account, click the link in the message.
- On the "Activate your IU Guest Account" page, enter your username (i.e., the entire email address you provided) and confirmation code.
- Click .
This is document alqt in the Knowledge Base.
Last modified on 2014-10-17.
- Fill out this form to submit your issue to the UITS Support Center.
- Please note that you must be affiliated with Indiana University to receive support.
- All fields are required.