At IU, how can students or applicants review or change personal information?
If you are an Indiana University student or applicant, to review or change your personal information:
- Go to Personal information (students) in One.IU, and click .
- To change your personal information, at the bottom of the page,
click the desired option:
- Note:If you're a former IU Bloomington student who has not been enrolled in any classes for two consecutive terms and whose computing accounts have been disabled, you should instead submit address changes through Student Central on Union's contact form. From the "Topic" drop-down list, under "Student Records", select .: Addresses the university will use
to contact you, including home and campus addresses
- preferred name (the name you prefer the university use when communicating with you), and any other official names you have on file : Your primary name (your official name with the university, which you cannot revise here), your
- : Phone numbers the university will use to contact you, including primary, secondary, and cell phones
- : Email addresses the university will use to contact you, including both your official IU address and any non-IU email addresses you have registered
- : Your official information (e.g., birthdate, ID number, citizenship)
- : Information about your race and ethnicity
- : Parent or guardian contact information; IU collects legal parent and guardian information for general information and for communication purposes
- : Addresses the university will use to contact you, including home and campus addresses
- Follow the prompts to edit, delete, or add information.
You cannot modify certain personal information (e.g., your primary name, including surname) here. If you see an error or a change is otherwise necessary, contact the following as appropriate:
Students, faculty, staff, and affiliates are listed in the IU Address Book if they have a valid IU username and email address (i.e., they have created their first computing accounts). The Address Book updates nightly. After information has populated through various systems, it may take a day for new records to appear.
This is document amwt in the Knowledge Base.
Last modified on 2015-08-27.
- Fill out this form to submit your issue to the UITS Support Center.
- Please note that you must be affiliated with Indiana University to receive support.
- All fields are required.