At IU, how can students or applicants review or change personal information?
If you are an Indiana University student or applicant, to review or change your personal information:
- Go to Personal information (students) in One.IU, and click .
- You will have the following options:
- Demographic Data: Displays your official information (e.g., birthdate, ID number, citizenship).
- Names: You will see your primary name (your
official name with the university, which you cannot revise here), your
preferred name (the name you prefer the university use when
communicating with you), and any other official names you have on
For a more direct way to modify your preferred name, see At IU, what is my preferred name, and how can I set or change it? to modify your preferred name.
- Student Home or Local (not IU Housing): Shows the addresses the university will use to contact you, including home and campus addresses. Click to modify any address, and click to provide more contact information.
- Student Home Phone: Displays the phone numbers the university will use to contact you, including primary, secondary, and cell phones. Make any necessary changes to the fields, and then click .
- IU Email: Shows the email addresses
the university will use to contact you, including both your official
IU address and any non-IU email you have registered. Make any
necessary changes to the fields, and then click
If you do not see a row for "Non-IU E-mail" and you wish to add one, click, and then specify in the drop-down menu. Enter the desired address in the "Email Address" column, and then click .. .
- Parent/Guardian Information: Here you will see your Parent/Guardian contact information. IU collects legal parent and guardian information for general information and for purposes of communication. If no information is on record, you can add a parent or guardian contact by clicking .
You cannot modify certain personal information (e.g., your primary name, including surname) here. If you see an error or a change is otherwise necessary, contact the following as appropriate:
Students, faculty, staff, and affiliates are listed in the IU Address Book if they have a valid IU username and email address (i.e., they have created their first computing accounts). The Address Book updates nightly. After information has populated through various systems, it may take a day for new records to appear.
This is document amwt in the Knowledge Base.
Last modified on 2015-06-16.
- Fill out this form to submit your issue to the UITS Support Center.
- Please note that you must be affiliated with Indiana University to receive support.
- All fields are required.