At IU, what is my email address?
At Indiana University, your email address and the types of accounts available to you may vary based on your campus and IU status. At all campuses except IPFW, undergraduate students create email accounts on the Umail system when they create their first accounts. Faculty and staff are hosted on the Exchange servers. Graduate students may create either a Umail account, an Exchange account, or both.
Default email addresses by campus
|IPFW (Fort Wayne)||
IPFW users are not on the UITS email systems.
|IU East (Richmond)||
|IU Northwest (Gary)||
|IU South Bend||
|IU Southeast (New Albany)||
- Individuals may choose to create an
@iu.eduaddress; see How do I create a new IU email address?
- If you are a student with an Imail or Umail account, your IU email
address will match the one listed above, but your reply-to address
will reflect the email service you use (e.g,
- Whether mail sent to you at the email address listed above actually ends up in your IU email account depends on the address you specify as your preferred email account; see At IU, how do I choose or change my primary email address and preferred email service?
Important: Indiana University provides students, faculty, and staff with IU email addresses, which most academic and administrative offices use to send you messages. If you choose to forward this address to a non-IU account (e.g., Gmail, Hotmail, Yahoo!), the UITS Support Center will not be able to help you with problems concerning that account. More importantly, if this forwarding fails for any reason, you may miss important official communications sent to your IU address for which you are still responsible.
This is document aaat in the Knowledge Base.
Last modified on 2015-04-10.
- Fill out this form to submit your issue to the UITS Support Center.
- Please note that you must be affiliated with Indiana University to receive support.
- All fields are required.