ARCHIVED: At IUB and IUPUI, what should I do if I'm having difficulty accessing library resources?
At Indiana University Bloomington or IUPUI, if you have difficulty accessing library resources (e.g., databases of journal articles), try the following suggestions.
Note: You will not be able to access some resources if your IU accounts are no longer active or if you are not using the correct username and password. For more, see At IU, what happens to my student computing accounts when I graduate, leave the university, transfer to another campus, or study abroad?
- Try using a different browser. For example, if you have difficulty accessing a particular resource in Firefox, try using Internet Explorer or Safari.
- To access library resources from off campus, try either of the following:
- Check the number of simultaneous users allowed for the database in
question. Many resources allow unrestricted use, but some have restrictions.
To check for limits:
- Find the database you're trying to use in the list at Resources A-Z.
- Click next to the title.
- On the resulting page, look in the upper right next to "Number of Users:" for the number of simultaneous users allowed when there is a limit. If the number is small, and it's a busy time of year, you might want to try again in about 15 minutes.
See also the following campus-specific suggestions:
For more help, contact your campus Support Center.
This is document apbs in the Knowledge Base.
Last modified on 2014-01-21.
- Fill out this form to submit your issue to the UITS Support Center.
- Please note that you must be affiliated with Indiana University to receive support.
- All fields are required.