Details about IU's agreement with AT&T for personal discounted rates
- Indiana University students receive an 8% discount, and IU employees receive a 14% discount. The monthly discount applies to most base rate plans. All employees who receive a pay advice from the university are eligible for the higher discount; this includes part-time employees, both student and non-student.
- You will have access to abbreviated dialing codes from your cell phone to both your local campus police department and to the UITS Support Center, with no airtime charged (unless you are roaming, or calling long distance from areas where AT&T does not provide direct coverage).
- AT&T subscribers on the IU discount plan gain access to a special Business End User Care support hotline (800-331-0500), available 24 hours a day, with greatly reduced hold times for support.
- How to get the discount:
- Use discount code FAN #96047 for students, and FAN #2024517 for faculty and staff.
- To make an appointment at your nearest retail location, visit Schedule Retail Appointment.
- Devices must be unlocked before visiting a retail store or on-campus event to initiate service.
- If you're already an AT&T customer, you can add the discount to your existing AT&T account. Go to the enrollment form, enter your IU email address and mobile number, select the appropriate category (student or employee), and submit. You will receive an email message asking you to verify your account information. The discount will start showing up on your bill in one to two billing periods.
- Students will be billed directly through AT&T; your monthly invoice may not be sent through the bursar's office.
- To verify that the discount is on your account, look in the "Credits, Adjustments and Other Charges" section for "National Account Discount".
- Additional information for international students:
- The International Student Deposit Waiver Program allows international students without US credit records, who would otherwise be subject to a security deposit, to have the deposit fee waived if they are enrolled at qualifying universities (including IU).
- The waiver is available only to international students who sign a 2-year agreement and activate postpaid service on their college/university's approved student FAN, with a maximum of three waived deposits per account.
- As proof of enrollment, the student must provide a valid student ID and primary ID (e.g., passport) to be eligible.
- The account must be in the student's name, and a student email address is required when setting up the account.
To initiate service with AT&T, see For discounted rates with AT&T, how do I set up a new plan or move an existing one?
For questions regarding billing or service, or for problems with your equipment, you can dial 611 from your AT&T phone. Alternatively, call AT&T Customer Care at 800-331-0500, or visit your local AT&T store; see AT&T Store Locations.
This is document aqia in the Knowledge Base.
Last modified on 2015-08-31.
- Fill out this form to submit your issue to the UITS Support Center.
- Please note that you must be affiliated with Indiana University to receive support.
- All fields are required.