What are the UITS SharePoint and SharePoint Online services?
At Indiana University, the UITS SharePoint and SharePoint Online services are centralized, university-wide Microsoft Office SharePoint Server environments. UITS SharePoint is a legacy solution that is being phased out in favor of SharePoint Online. Both services provide sites for team collaboration and content management. My Sites, a feature of the legacy UITS SharePoint environment, are not offered in SharePoint Online.
The platform includes the following features and capabilities:
- Collaboration and online content management
- Document repositories to store, track changes in, and expire documents based on defined policies
- Tight integration with Microsoft Office applications
- Centralized search that is secure and context-aware, and permits granular control
- Online document management providing easy collaboration and a centralized search
- Social computing tools that allow communities to work together using wikis, blogs, and RSS feeds
For more, see:
This is document axpg in the Knowledge Base.
Last modified on 2016-08-17 15:41:39.
- Fill out this form to submit your issue to the UITS Support Center.
- Please note that you must be affiliated with Indiana University to receive support.
- All fields are required.