What are the UITS SharePoint and SharePoint Online services?
- The SharePoint My Site service will be retired by the end of 2016. As of April 2016, requests for new My Site accounts are no longer accepted. On October 17, 2016, all My Site content became read-only. For details, see About the SharePoint My Site retirement.
On October 17, 2016, SharePoint advanced farm sites that were not being used were disabled. For details, contact your campus Support Center.
At Indiana University, the UITS SharePoint and SharePoint Online services are centralized, university-wide Microsoft Office SharePoint Server environments. UITS SharePoint is a legacy solution that is being phased out in favor of SharePoint Online. Both services provide sites for team collaboration and content management. My Sites, a feature of the legacy UITS SharePoint environment, are not offered in SharePoint Online.
The platform includes the following features and capabilities:
- Collaboration and online content management
- Document repositories to store, track changes in, and expire documents based on defined policies
- Tight integration with Microsoft Office applications
- Centralized search that is secure and context-aware, and permits granular control
- Online document management providing easy collaboration and a centralized search
- Social computing tools that allow communities to work together using wikis, blogs, and RSS feeds
For more, see:
This is document axpg in the Knowledge Base.
Last modified on 2016-10-13 15:29:47.
- Fill out this form to submit your issue to the UITS Support Center.
- Please note that you must be affiliated with Indiana University to receive support.
- All fields are required.