What is the UITS SharePoint service?
At Indiana University, the UITS SharePoint service is a centralized, university-wide Microsoft Office SharePoint Server environment. SharePoint provides sites for team collaboration and content management, as well as My Sites for individual content management and social networking.
The platform includes the following features and capabilities:
- Collaboration and online content management
- Document repositories to store, track changes in, and expire documents based on defined policies
- Tight integration with Microsoft Office applications
- Centralized search that is secure and context-aware, and permits granular control
- Online document management providing easy collaboration and a centralized search
- Social computing tools that allow communities to work together using wikis, blogs, and RSS feeds
For more, see:
- At IU, how do I request a SharePoint site for my team or department?
- At IU, what is a SharePoint My Site?
For help, see At IU, how can I get help using SharePoint?
This is document axpg in the Knowledge Base.
Last modified on 2014-05-14.
- Fill out this form to submit your issue to the UITS Support Center.
- Please note that you must be affiliated with Indiana University to receive support.
- All fields are required.