Technology Center Consulting job opportunities at IUB and IUPUI
On this page:
- Consultant position
- Apply online
- Policy notice
- Employee handbook
- Map of STC labs
Technology Center Consulting (TCC) offers employees the opportunity to gain marketable customer service and technical skills. Many former consultants have used their experience to obtain positions with reputable firms and organizations worldwide.
Applicants will be considered based on:
- Customer service skills and work experience
- Technical skills and abilities
- Student status
- Applicant availability
You may submit one application to TCC per year; make sure your application is complete, accurate, and representative of your skills, abilities, and work history. Once submitted, your application will be reviewed and you will be notified of your status via email. Please be patient, as the hiring process often takes 30 to 60 days.
At Indiana University Bloomington and IUPUI, under general supervision, consultants provide direct support to customers of the Student Technology Centers (STCs). They provide technical assistance relating to software applications, report software and hardware issues, resolve printer problems, monitor supplies, and maintain the lab environment. In addition, consultants are required to demonstrate exemplary interpersonal communication skills and professionalism at all times, and support and comply with all Indiana University, UITS, and TCC policies and procedures.
- Proactive customer service attitude
- Strong organizational and interpersonal skills
- Professional attitude and demeanor
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- At least one year of related customer service experience, preferred
- Computing skills across the Windows and Mac platforms, including operating systems and applications
- Commitment to working a minimum of 12 hours per week
- IU student enrolled in six or more credit hours, or currently enrolled Ivy Tech student
All TCC consultants are required to work a minimum of 12 hours per week. Consultants are assigned shifts at the beginning of each semester, based on consultant availability. TCC is open to customers 24 hours a day, 7 days a week; therefore, a wide variety of shifts is available, and there is an easy process to find substitutions for unforeseen exceptions.
During the first semester of employment, TCC consultants are paid $9.00 per hour 8am-midnight, and $10.00 per hour midnight-8am. Upon successful completion of one full semester, consultants receive a pay raise of $0.50 per hour.
IU part-time staff are paid on an hourly, biweekly basis, with no remission of academic fees and no commitment to continuous employment.
TCC also hires for Federal Work-Study positions.
To apply for a TCC position at IUB, complete the IUB Application for Consultant Position.
To apply for a TCC position at IUPUI, complete the IUPUI Application for Consultant Position.
For more, see the hourly consultant Handbook.
Map of STC labs
To view the locations of STC labs at IUB, use the STC lab finder.
To view the locations of STC labs at IUPUI, see Student Technology Centers.
To learn more, contact
email@example.com at IUB, or
firstname.lastname@example.org at IUPUI.
This is document atjm in the Knowledge Base.
Last modified on 2015-06-24.
- Fill out this form to submit your issue to the UITS Support Center.
- Please note that you must be affiliated with Indiana University to receive support.
- All fields are required.