About using a third-party account to view a student's personal information
On this page:
- Logging in and viewing information
- Changing your third-party password
- Troubleshooting third-party account access issues
Logging in and viewing information
To log into your third-party account:
- On the 3rd Party User or Parent Access in One.IU, click .
- On the following screen, enter the student's University ID number, and the username and password the student created for you. Click .
- A new "3rd Party Access" window should appear. Click any of the links to view the student's information. To return to the "3rd Party Access" window, click .
Changing your third-party account password
To change your third-party password:
- In the "3rd Party Access" window, click .
- On the next screen, in the "Old Password" field, enter your current password.
- In the "New Password" field, enter your new password.
- In the "Confirm Password" field, re-enter your new password, and then click . To cancel the password change, click .
Troubleshooting third-party account access issues
If you are having trouble logging into the third-party account a student created for you:
- Make sure you are using the 3rd Party User or Parent Access tool in One.IU (not the Set Up 3rd Party Users tool students use to create third-party access accounts).
- Make sure you are logging in on the "3rd Party User Login" screen:
- Make sure you are entering the exact username and password the
student gave you. Your third-party account username and password are
both case-sensitive, and are not the same as the student's IU username and/or passphrase. Also, the username is not a complete email
Clicking 3rd Party User or Parent Access page should take you to the correct login screen.on the
Web browser issues
If you receive an error message when your web browser is trying to load the load the 3rd Party User or Parent Access page or the "3rd Party User Login" screen, clear your browser's cache and cookies, and then try again. For help, see How do I clear my web browser's cache, cookies, and history?
If you still are unable to access your third-party account after following the troubleshooting tips above, ask the student who created your account to contact the campus Support Center for help.
This is document aupg in the Knowledge Base.
Last modified on 2017-02-10 13:05:24.
- Fill out this form to submit your issue to the UITS Support Center.
- Please note that you must be affiliated with Indiana University to receive support.
- All fields are required.