What is the maximum file size I can upload to my IU Box account?
Although your overall IU Box account storage quota is unlimited, the maximum file size for uploading an individual file is 15 GB. The size limit is the same whether you use a web browser (i.e., theor feature), Box Sync, or Box Edit to upload your file.
You should not upload more than one file larger than 5 GB at a time. If you need to upload multiple large files to Box at once, see Box's Methods for Migrating Content to Box for alternative options.
- When uploading a file larger than 5 GB, a business-class Internet connection with upload and download speeds of 50 Mbps is required; a 10 GB file will take around 30 minutes to upload.
- Large file uploads to Box cannot be paused and then resumed. If there is an error in the uploading process, you will need to attempt the upload again. For more about resolving upload errors, see Box's Troubleshooting File and Folder Upload Issues.
- Internet Explorer has a limit of 4 GB per file. This is a known issue. The limit does not apply if you are using the option.
As of January 12, 2016, Microsoft has ended support for Internet Explorer versions prior to version 11, unless you are running Windows Vista SP2 or certain versions of Windows Server; for a complete list of exceptions, see Microsoft Support Lifecycle. UITS strongly recommends that you upgrade to a new operating system if your current system does not support Internet Explorer 11 and is not on Microsoft's list of exceptions.
This is document bbrv in the Knowledge Base.
Last modified on 2016-01-19 00:00:00.
- Fill out this form to submit your issue to the UITS Support Center.
- Please note that you must be affiliated with Indiana University to receive support.
- All fields are required.