Comparing IU and personal Box accounts
On this page:
- IU Box accounts
- Personal Box accounts
- Comparing (free) personal and IU Box accounts
- Fee-based Box plans for individuals and businesses
IU Box accounts
IU Box accounts are available to all current students, faculty, and staff.
- For group and organizational account eligibility, see How can I create a group (non-personal) Box account?
- For more, including information about creating your account, see Getting started with Box at IU and Box at IU help menu.
Personal Box accounts
Personal Box accounts are available free to the public, but are not related in any way to the enterprise Box service at IU. Anyone can sign up for a free personal Box account; Box also offers fee-based "Personal Pro" accounts that provide greater flexibility and more storage space than the free personal accounts (see below for more about Box's fee-based plans). If you choose to create a personal Box account, use a non-IU email address and password of your choice.
You can share files from your personal Box account with your enterprise account, but make sure to follow appropriate security guidelines:
Comparing (free) personal and IU Box accounts
|Features||Personal (free) accounts||IU Box accounts|
|File size upload limit||250 MB||15 GB *|
|Available storage||10 GB||Unlimited|
|Single sign-on integration||✗||✓|
|Advanced collaboration features (e.g., full-text search, download stats and tracking, version history)||✗||✓|
|Integration with institutional applications||✗||✓|
|Administrative console and advanced features||✗||✓|
|Enhanced enterprise logging features||✗||✓|
|Contractual protections for subscribing institutions||✗||✓|
* For more about uploading large files to your IU Box account, see What is the maximum file size I can upload to my IU Box account?
Fee-based Box plans for individuals and businesses
In addition to free personal accounts, Box offers fee-based plans for individuals and businesses (these plans are not related in any way to IU Box accounts). For pricing and other details, see the Box Secure File Sharing Plans page. For a comparison of personal and business plan features, see the Box Personal - Business page (in PDF format).
This is document bbrt in the Knowledge Base.
Last modified on 2016-12-19 15:44:51.
- Fill out this form to submit your issue to the UITS Support Center.
- Please note that you must be affiliated with Indiana University to receive support.
- All fields are required.