About logging into IUCAT
On this page:
- Who should log into IUCAT
- Visiting scholars and research associates
- Renewing books online if you're not affiliated with IU
Who should log into IUCAT
In IUCAT, those affiliated with Indiana University can log in using Network ID credentials for certain services. You don't need to log in to search the catalog for most library items. Log in if you want to:
- Use electronic resources from off campus
- Renew checked-out items
- Request delivery of items to your preferred library
- Review checked-out items and delivery requests
- Send catalog record information via email or SMS
- View your folders
- Ask a question or report an error
If you see a message saying that your login failed, or you're prompted to retype your credentials, you may have simply mistyped your username or passphrase. However, if you continue to get the error, see At IU, what should I do if I have trouble logging into CAS?
If none of these options work, contact your campus Support Center.
Preferred email address missing
If you're asked to designate a preferred email address:
- At IPFW: Call the Service Desk at 260-481-6505.
- All other campuses: See At IU, how do I change my primary email address and set delivery for my email addresses?
Library account cannot be found
If you see an error message that says your authentication was successful, but your library account cannot be found, that usually means the Libraries do not have an account for you. You can take your IU ID card to any IU library circulation desk and ask that the ID card be registered, or contact your library for assistance.
Visiting scholars and research associates
If you are a visiting scholar or research associate, bring your Employee ID number when you come to the library to register your account. This is a 10-digit number that appears on your pay advice, also called a University ID number. To find it, see At IU, what is a University ID, and how do I find out what mine is? If you need help, ask in your department office.
If you're not on the IU payroll and do not have an Employee ID number, contact your library.
Renewing books online if you're not affiliated with IU
The following libraries allow online renewals for those who are not affiliated with IU:
- Bloomington Libraries (includes most Bloomington libraries)
- Bloomington Law Library
- IUPUI University Library
- IUPUI Ruth Lilly Medical Library (send email to
- IPFW Helmke Library (send email to
To learn more, for most libraries listed above, contact the relevant library. If your material is borrowed from another library in the IU system, contact that library for information about its circulation and renewal policies.
This is document bdxj in the Knowledge Base.
Last modified on 2016-08-25 11:22:41.
- Fill out this form to submit your issue to the UITS Support Center.
- Please note that you must be affiliated with Indiana University to receive support.
- All fields are required.