About the Knowledge Management System and the Knowledge Base
The Knowledge Base
A new version of the IU Knowledge Base was released in June 2014. The new KB features a number of improvements over the legacy service, including:
- CAS authentication
- Apache Solr search
- Robust spellcheck, and search auto-suggestions based on the last eight years of KB searches
- Mobile-ready responsive design
- An IU-branded interface, designed and built in collaboration with the IT Communications Office
- Reporting via Google Analytics
- A custom XML-based markup language that allows better semantic management of content
- Social media integration
If you have any issues or questions about these features, please
contact us at
email@example.com or via the contact forms at the
bottom of every document page.
Future plans for the Knowledge Management System
Our team continues to develop and release further functionality for end users, content owners, and the Knowledge Management team. Planned features and tools include:
- For end users, persistent comments on documents
- For content owners, simple rich-text editing; private, sharable repositories; greater reporting options; and document workflow
- For KM editors, a full-featured editing environment and even greater semantic markup options
Additionally, once the KMS editing environment is in place, we will no longer have to support the legacy system as the editing back end (see How does the Knowledge Base work?). This will mean greater options for content owners, including rich media like embedded video.
About the KMS development
The KMS developers use Scrum/Agile principles to deliver customer value in incremental releases. Following the principles of lean and agile development, the release cycle focuses on the minimum viable product that can deliver value to customers.
The KMS Scrum team is working in two-week sprints, with a goal of delivering working software at the end of each sprint. The first sprint began June 27, 2013.
This is document beci in the Knowledge Base.
Last modified on 2014-08-11.
- Fill out this form to submit your issue to the UITS Support Center.
- Please note that you must be affiliated with Indiana University to receive support.
- All fields are required.