About IU Print
IU Print is a global print platform that delivers the core engine for student printing and managed print services for organizations. IU Print looks to deliver a print platform which reduces cost, increases efficiency, is highly secure. and provides maximum flexibility.
On this page:
IU Print delivers printing for students across all campuses. The IU Print platform delivers printing, copying, and scanning functionality in a secure environment for all faculty, staff, and students. Students receive an allotment through the Student Technology Fee that can be used at various locations across all campuses.
For more about becoming an IU Print Student Print Partner, see IU Print.
Student printing highlights
- Mobile printing
- Pay for print (allows you to easily add print credits to your student account)
- Color and mono printing, scanning, and copying
- Flexible printing and pick-up through secure release (print to any of the student print queues, and then pick up your job from any device that supports IU Print)
- Available in any STC location
- Print from your personally owned device
- Easy card-swipe authentication
- Online student portal for billing and job tracking
- Plotter and 3D printing from your IU Print account
Managed print services for organizations
Managed print services aims to help you gain visibility and control of your printing, and to focus on the demand side, resulting in reducing waste and paper, and saving money as you make more strategic, data-driven decisions. Managed print also helps you improve environmental sustainability and document security. In this context, "printing" refers to the total cost of managing and optimizing your printers and their output, and the people and processes that support these devices.
For more, see IU Print: What is "Managed Print Services" (MPS)?
Managed print services highlights:
- Mobile printing
- Toner and maintenance (new HP and Ricoh certified devices only)
- Toner only (existing HP certified devices)
- Print analytics package
- Device and inventory management
- Automated billing reports
- Secure print release
- Print queue management
- Ongoing print environment analysis
- Print device security
- Intelligent device monitoring
- Automated toner delivery
This is document besp in the Knowledge Base.
Last modified on 2016-12-14 09:08:55.
- Fill out this form to submit your issue to the UITS Support Center.
- Please note that you must be affiliated with Indiana University to receive support.
- All fields are required.