About videoconferencing at IU
Several options are available at Indiana University for video- and audio-enabled meetings and real-time online collaboration, including videoconferencing and client- or web-based meeting software. For more about available options, see Videoconferencing at IU.
On this page:
- Videoconferencing in meeting rooms
- Video- and audio-enabled meetings from your desktop
- Video bridge and multipoint conferencing
- Client- and web-based meeting software
- Getting help
Videoconferencing in meeting rooms
At IU, most H.323 compliant (videoconferencing) hardware and software are supported. Polycom and Cisco systems are the recommended stand-alone H.323 solutions.
For information on how to use the remote control for the Tandberg video system at Indiana University, consult IU's Tandberg Quick Start Guide (PDF).
Reserving a videoconferencing room
For details, see At IU, how do I reserve a videoconferencing room?
Video- and audio-enabled meetings from your desktop
Desktop videoconferencing allows you to participate in video- and audio-enabled meetings from your computer.
To participate in an H.323 videoconference from your desktop computer, you will need:
- Desktop videoconferencing hardware and software installed on your computer
Note:If you have an IU Network ID and are running Windows or Mac OS X, UITS recommends using Skype for Business/Lync; see Using Skype for Business/Lync to connect to videoconference rooms.
- Audio capabilities (e.g., a sound card and speakers or headset)
- A reliable high-bandwidth network connection
- A standard USB webcam
For more, see At IU, how can I create or join a videoconference?
Video bridge and multipoint conferencing
UITS recommends using an ad hoc conference; see At IU, how can I create or join a videoconference?
Client- and web-based meeting software
At IU, Adobe Connect (formerly called the IU Breeze Meeting Service) offers a central web-based collaboration environment. Using Connect, people can access a virtual meeting room through the web and collaborate online on shared content without installing videoconferencing software. For more, see At IU, what is Adobe Connect?
For help or to learn more, contact UITS Classroom & Conferencing Support (
email@example.com, 812-856-2020, Skype for Business/Lync:
This is document ajtt in the Knowledge Base.
Last modified on 2017-02-02 10:06:37.
- Fill out this form to submit your issue to the UITS Support Center.
- Please note that you must be affiliated with Indiana University to receive support.
- All fields are required.