Using Connect, how do I create and delete meetings?
Note: You need an account on the Indiana University Connect server to manage meeting rooms; see About Adobe Connect Meeting accounts at IU.
Log into the Connect Manager and follow the appropriate instructions below.
Indiana University's Adobe Connect service is integrated with IU's
Active Directory Service for authentication. You should use your IU Network ID to log into Connect. Contact the
UITS Collaboration Technologies help desk (812-856-2020,
On this page:
Creating a meeting
Note: For your recurring Connect meetings, consider reusing a single Connect meeting room rather than creating a new one for each scheduled instance. A persistent meeting room allows you to keep the same URL for your meeting, and all content (e.g., presentations, chats) and configurations (e.g., visible pods, layouts) will always be available.
- From the tab, click .
- Enter a name for the meeting, limited to 60 characters.
- Create an easy-to-remember URL (e.g.,
HRWeeklyMeeting) by completing the "Custom URL:" field. (If you leave this field blank, the Connect server will generate a random URL for you that will be more difficult to communicate to others.)
- In the optional "Summary:" field, you may enter descriptive text up to 750 characters.
- You can choose a start time and duration for your meeting, but
your meeting has no actual time limits; attendees can enter
before, during, and after the scheduled time.
Note: The time you enter here is used only if you choose to send a message invitation from within the Connect meeting itself, which UITS does not recommend; see Inviting attendees below.
- If you have not created your own meeting room template, keep the default setting.
- For "Access", choose .
- For "Audio Conference Settings", to use Connect's built-in audio features, keep the default How do I link a phone conference to my Adobe Connect meeting room? Click . option checked. If you need to link a phone conference to your Connect meeting, see
- If any of your participants have an account on IU's Connect server, you can select them from the list of available users and set them with Host, Presenter, or Participant permissions. They can then log into your meeting room with their Connect credentials and join the meeting with the assigned permissions. Usually your attendees will join your meeting as guests, so you can ignore the settings on the "Select Participants" screen and click .
- You will see a summary of the meeting room's information. Review the settings for accuracy; to make corrections, click or .
You will have the option to send meeting invitations from within the Connect Meeting application, but UITS recommends that you compose your own email message to your attendees, including the meeting URL you previously set. Instruct the attendees to log in as Guest. In addition, you might include a link to Visual Quick Start Guide: Participate in Adobe Connect Meetings.
Deleting a meeting
- Click the tab. Check the box to the left of the meeting you wish to remove, and click .
- On the confirmation screen, click . The meeting room, along with all content and recordings associated with it, will be permanently deleted from the Connect server.
For more on Adobe Connect, see Web Conferencing on the UITS Collaboration Technologies site.
This is document armk in the Knowledge Base.
Last modified on 2014-01-27.
- Fill out this form to submit your issue to the UITS Support Center.
- Please note that you must be affiliated with Indiana University to receive support.
- All fields are required.