Creating an Adobe Connect meeting
To create an Adobe Connect meeting:
- Log into the Connect Manager with your IU Network ID username and passphrase.
- Select the tab, and then click .
- In the "Name:" field, give your meeting a descriptive name. This name will be used to identify your meeting when you're working in the Connect Manager.
- In the "Custom URL:" field, enter an easy-to-remember, descriptive URL. Your participants will use this address to join your meeting; a short, descriptive name will be easier for them to remember. If you leave this field blank, the system will generate a random URL for you.
- Skip the "Summary:", "Start Time:", and "Duration:" fields. Your Connect room is open from the time you create it until you delete it, and attendees can enter before, during, and after the scheduled meeting time.
- Accept the .
- Choose a language. is the default selection.
- Change the "Access:" option to . Your meeting attendees may not have IU credentials, and this option will enable them to join your meeting.
- Under "Audio Conference Settings", leave link a phone conference into your Connect room (instead of, or in addition to, using Connect's computer audio options). unchecked. You can
- To create the meeting, click .
If your meeting has successfully been created, you'll see the "Meeting Properties" page with the meeting's details, including the URL you and your attendees will use to join the meeting. To return to this page later, log into the Connect Manager, select the tab, and follow the link to your meeting.
Once you've created an Adobe Connect meeting, you can customize it so it's optimally configured to suit your particular needs; for instructions, see Configuring your Adobe Connect meeting.
This is document armk in the Knowledge Base.
Last modified on 2017-02-02 10:06:29.
- Fill out this form to submit your issue to the UITS Support Center.
- Please note that you must be affiliated with Indiana University to receive support.
- All fields are required.