At IU, what is my Active Directory Services (ADS) domain account?
At Indiana University, your Network ID and your ADS domain account each allow access to a variety of services. The passphrases for both of these accounts, as well as many other IU computing accounts, are synchronized when you reset or change your passphrase.
ADS domain account services
- Logging into Windows computers in the Student Technology Centers (STCs) at Indiana University Bloomington and IUPUI
- Accessing your IU Exchange account
- Authenticating using CAS to services such as One.IU, Canvas, IUCAT, and many administrative online services
- Accessing the IU virtual private network (VPN) on your home computer
Your ADS domain account passphrase should be the same as your other UITS computing account passphrases. If you have an ADS domain account but are unable to log into the ADS domain, reset your passphrases; see How do I change my IU passphrase?
This is document ajny in the Knowledge Base.
Last modified on 2015-10-12 00:00:00.
- Fill out this form to submit your issue to the UITS Support Center.
- Please note that you must be affiliated with Indiana University to receive support.
- All fields are required.