What students need to know about accounts, data, and software before leaving IU
On this page:
- About your accounts
- Accessing and retaining your data
- Use of university-distributed software
- Alumni benefits
About your accounts
Your university accounts will be disabled after two consecutive terms during which you aren't enrolled, and are eventually deleted.
See further details about access to accounts and services over time. For specifics about email, see For Imail and Umail, what do I need to know when I leave IU?
Accessing and retaining your data
You will still be able to access your bills, transcripts, and other university information.
You'll likely want to be sure to retain your data from accounts where you have information saved:
- Dealing with your IU Box account when you leave IU
- Dealing with your Google at IU account when you leave the university
- Dealing with your Office 365 account when you leave IU
- If you wish to keep any files from Canvas courses, do so before five years have passed.
Use of university-distributed software
When you are no longer currently enrolled, you won't be able to buy or download university-distributed software previously available to you, but you'll retain access to software already on your computer.
For more, refer to the account and service access chart.
- For a benefits list compiled by the IU Alumni Association, see Perks & Discounts.
- Alumni have options for retaining an IU-sponsored email account after graduation.
This is document aoge in the Knowledge Base.
Last modified on 2017-04-13 15:47:52.
- Fill out this form to submit your issue to the UITS Support Center.
- Please note that you must be affiliated with Indiana University to receive support.
- All fields are required.