Student computing accounts when you transfer campuses, study abroad, or have active military service

On this page:


Use of Indiana University technology resources (such as computers, networks, phones) is restricted to purposes related to the university's mission of education, research, and public service. Access to IU computing resources is granted to all admitted IU students and current or retired university faculty and staff, in support of their studies, instruction, duties as employees, official business with the university, and other university-sanctioned activities. Under certain circumstances, guests and affiliates of IU are also eligible.

The information in this document is intended for IU students who are transferring to another IU campus, leaving IU temporarily to study abroad, or entering active military service.

Transfer to another IU campus

If you have been a student at one IU campus and transfer to another:

Study abroad or off campus

If you will study abroad through the Office of Overseas Study, you do not need to do anything to maintain your accounts.

If you have made other arrangements to study abroad or off campus for more than two consecutive semesters, a full-time faculty or staff sponsor could sponsor an affiliate account for you.

Active military service

If you are unexpectedly called to active military service, you may be eligible for a military leave of absence, in which case you can retain your active Indiana University computing accounts.

For help requesting a military leave of absence, contact your campus Veteran Support Services or Office of the Registrar:

For more about military leave at IU Bloomington, see the Office of the Registrar's Reserves Called to Active Duty Policy.

This is document aoge in the Knowledge Base.
Last modified on 2024-01-22 14:05:09.